Monday, September 14, 2009

DU'AS AFTER SALAT ALAN-NABI (DARUD)

There are quite a lot of du'as which Prophet (saw) used to say after Darud and he taught them to the companions. Here we mention a few of them.

i) Abdullah bin Amr (ra) said that Abu Bakr (ra) said to the Messenger of Allah, "Please teach me a du'a so I can say it in my prayer." So the Messenger of Allah (saw) said,

"Allah humma innee zalamtu nafsee Zulman Katheeran, wala yaghfi ruz zunuba

illa anta faghfirlee maghfiratam min 'indika, war hamnee innaka antal ghafurur raheem."(Bukhari and Muslim).

"Oh Allah, I have been very cruel to myself (by ignoring my-duty to you) and there is no one who can forgive the sins except you. So forgive me because you are the only forgiver and have mercy on me. Verily, you are the forgiver and merciful."

(ii) Aisha(ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) used to say this du'a in his prayers :-

"Allah humma innee A'u-zubika min

Azabil qabri, wa A'uzubika min

fitna tid daj-jali, wa A'uzubika min fitna til mahya wal mamat.

Allah humma innee A'uzubika minal Ma'thami wal maghrami."(Bukhari and Muslim).

"O Allah! I seek refuge in you from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge in you from the troubles of daj-jal, and I seek refuge in you from the difficulties and troubles of the life and death. Oh Allah, I seek refuge in you from every kind of sin and unexpected troubles."

" Rab-bij'alnee muqeemas salati wa min

zur-riy yatee rab-bana wata qab-bal

du'a,rab-ba naghfirlee waliwaliday-ya

wa lil mumineena yawma yaqimul hisab."

"Oh Lord, make me and my children keep up prayers,

Our Lord, accept our prayer,Our Lord, forgive me and my parents

and all the Believers on the Day of Judgment."

Although most people read this du'a after Darud, it is permitted to recite any nice du'a.

However, it should be known that this du'a is not one of those du'as which Prophet (saw) used to say after Darud. It is preferable to read both 'Rab-bijalnee and the du'as which are authentically proved from the Prophet (saw) and those he taught to his companions. We have mentioned only three but there are about twelve. However, they are too lengthy to mention here.

No comments:

Post a Comment