Recovery from jaundice
In order to obtain the blessings of
fasting and acquire knowledge of Sharī'ah, please join the Madanī environment
of Dawat-e-Islami, a global & non-political religious movement of the Quran
and Sunnah.
So as to improve your character, please buy a Madanī In'āmāt booklet from Maktabatul-Madīnah, fill it in daily and hand it to the relevant responsible Islamic brother of Dawat-e-Islami in your area. Travel with Madanī Qāfilahs as well in the company of devotees of Rasūl to learn Sunnah of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللہُ عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم.
There are great blessings of
travelling with Madanī Qāfilahs. An Islamic brother of Hyderabad (Bāb-ul-Islam,
Sindh) gave the following statement: (Probably) In 1994, my wife suffered from
jaundice. She was in serious condition and was under medical treatment in her
parental house in Bāb-ul-Madīnah, Karachi.
As I was already aware of the blessings of
Madanī Qāfilahs, I travelled with a Madanī Qāfilah for sixty three days. During
the Madanī Qāfilah, I visited Bāb-ul-Madīnah, Karachi. Upon phoning, I was
informed that she was still in serious condition and her bilirubin had
increased to an alarming level. There was no improvement in her health in spite
of 25 glucose drips being administered to her. I tried to comfort her saying
that she would recover due to the blessings of the Madanī Qāfilah, إِن شَاءَ اللہ عَزَّوَجَلَّ. I remained in
contact with her (during the Madanī Qāfilah).
اَلْحَمْدُ
لِلّٰہِ عَزَّوَجَلَّ! Her condition
began to improve day by day. I was to travel out of Bāb-ul-Madīnah after five
days. When I phoned to ask about her health I was given the good news that the
bilirubin report had become normal and the doctor also expressed satisfaction, اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰہِ عَزَّوَجَلَّ. I glorified Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ and happily travelled further with the Madanī
Qāfilah in the company of devotees of Rasūl.
Far from Hell
Dear Islamic brothers! As there are
countless blessings and benefits of fasting, there are also severe warnings for
missing a single fast of Ramadan without a valid exemption of Sharī'ah. If
anyone misses a single fast in Ramadan deliberately without a valid exemption
he will not be able to make up for it even if he fasts for the rest of his
life.
Loss of missing one fast
Sayyidunā Abū Hurairah رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالَٰی عَنْہُ has narrated that the
Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللہُ عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم
has said: 'Anyone who misses one fast in Ramadan without a valid reason or
valid illness cannot make up for it even if he fasts for the rest of his life.'
(Ṣaḥīḥ Bukhārī, pp. 638, vol. 1, Ḥadīš 1934)
This means that he can never earn
the blessings that lie in the fasts of Ramadan. So therefore we must not
deprive ourselves of this huge blessing due to heedlessness. People who fast
and then break it without a valid exemption must fear the wrath of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
People hanging upside down
Sayyidunā Abū Umāmah Bāhilī رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالَٰی عَنْہُ has narrated that he
heard the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللہُ
عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم say: 'Whilst I was asleep two persons came
to me and took me to a mountain. When I got to the middle of the mountain, I
heard terrifying sounds. Upon asking about the sounds, I was told, 'These are
the voices of the people in Hell.' I proceeded further and saw people who were
tied upside down with the veins of their own ankles; their jaws had been torn
apart and were bleeding. I asked as to who they were and I was told, 'They used
to break their fast before its due time.' (Al-Iḥsān bitartīb Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn
Ḥibbān, pp. 286, vol. 9, Ḥadīš 7448)
Dear Islamic brothers! Breaking a
fast in Ramadan without a valid exemption is a major sin. This Ḥadīš refers to
the punishment of the people who fast but then break their fast deliberately
before sunset without a valid exemption. Likewise, there is severe punishment
of Hell for those who do not fast at all in Ramadan without valid exemption.
May Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
protect us from His wrath for the sake of His Beloved Rasūl صَلَّى اللہُ عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم!
آمِيْن
بِجَاہِ النَّبِيِّ الْأَمِيْن صَلَّى اللہُ تَعَالَٰی عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم
صَلُّوا
عَلَى الْحَبِيْب صَلَّى اللَّٰه تَعَالَى عَلَى مُحَمَّد
Three unfortunate people
Sayyidunā Jābir Bin 'Abdullāh رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالَٰی عَنْہُ has narrated that the
Prophet of mankind, the Peace of our heart and mind, the most Generous and Kind
صَلَّى اللہُ عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم
has stated: 'The one who finds Ramadan but does not fast is unfortunate; the
one who has both of his parents or any one of them but does not treat them well
is unfortunate; the one who hears me being mentioned but does not recite Ṣalāt
is unfortunate.' (Majma'-uz-Zawāid, pp. 340, vol. 3, Ḥadīš 4773)
Disgrace
Sayyidunā Abū Hurairah رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالَٰی عَنْہُ has narrated that
Rasūlullāh صَلَّى اللہُ عَلَيْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّم
has said: 'May the person who hears me being mentioned but does not recite
Ṣalāt upon me be disgraced! May the person who finds Ramadan but is not
forgiven before it departs be disgraced! May the person who has old parents but
does not enter Heaven by (respecting and serving) them be disgraced!' (Musnad
Imām Aḥmad, pp. 61, vol. 3, Ḥadīš 7455)
Three levels of fasting
- The fast of common people.
- The fast of the pious.
- The fast of the ascetic.
1. Fast of common people
The literal meaning of fast is 'to
abstain' while by Sharī'ah, it implies to abstain from deliberately eating,
drinking and intercourse from dawn (Ṣubḥ-e-Ṣādiq) to sunset. This is called the
fast of the common people.
2. Fast of the pious
In addition to abstaining from
eating, drinking and intercourse avoiding all types of evils is the fast of the
pious people.
3. Fast of the ascetic
To refrain from all the worldly activities
and devote oneself completely to the worship of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
is the fast of the ascetic.
Dear Islamic brothers! In addition
to abstaining from eating and drinking, we must also prevent all of our body
parts from sins.
No comments:
Post a Comment