Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Azan, Dua, the Six Kalimat & a Story of Repentance Through Itikaf

Azan

اَللّٰهُ اَکْبَرُ اَللّٰهُ اَکْبَر اَللّٰهُ اَکْبَرُ اَللّٰهُ اَکْبَر

Allāĥ is the Greatest Allāĥ is the Greatest
Allāĥ is the Greatest Allāĥ is the Greatest

اَشْهَدُ اَنْ لَّآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّااللّٰه اَشْهَدُ اَنْ لَّآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّااللّٰه

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allāĥ
I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allāĥ

اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدًارَّسُوْلُ اللّٰه اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدًارَّسُوْلُ اللّٰه

I testify that Muḥammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is the Prophet of Allāĥ
I testify that Muḥammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is the Prophet of Allāĥ

حَىَّ عَلَی الصَّلٰوة حَىَّ عَلَی الصَّلٰوة

Come towards Ṣalāĥ Come towards Ṣalāĥ

حَىَّ عَلَی الْفَلَاح حَىَّ عَلَی الْفَلَاح

Come towards success Come towards success

اَللّٰهُ اَکْبَرُ اَللّٰهُ اَکْبَر

Allāĥ is the Greatest Allāĥ is the Greatest

لَآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّااللّٰه

There is none worthy of worship but Allāĥ.

Du'ā after Ażān

After the Ażān, the Mūażżin and the listeners should recite Durūd Sharīf and then this Du'ā:

اَللّٰهُمَّ رَبَّ هٰذِهِ الدَّعْوَةِ التَّآمَّةِ وَالصَّلٰوةِ الْقَآئِمَة

O Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ, Sovereign of Dawat-e-Tammaĥ and of this established Ṣalāĥ!

اٰتِ سَيِّدَنَا مُحَمَّدَاِ الْوَسِيْلَةَ وَالْفَضِيْلَةَ وَالدَّرَجَةَ الرَّفِيْعَة

Grant to our Lord, Sayyidunā Muḥammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم, Wasīlaĥ and Faḍīlaĥ (excellence) and the highest rank,

وَابْعَثْهُ مَقَامًامَّحْمُوْدَاِالَّذِيْ وَعَدْتَّهُ وَارْزُقْنَاشَفَاعَتَه

and make him stand at the Maqām-e-Maḥmūd which you have promised him and make him our intercessor

يَوْمَ الْقِيٰمَةِ ۚ اِنَّکَ لَاتُخْلِفُ الْمِيْعَادَ

on the Day of Judgement. Of course, You do not do anything against Your promise.

بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَآاَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْن

Have mercy on us, as You are the Most Merciful!

بِسْمِ اللّٰہِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْم

Commencing with the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.

Imān-e-Mufaşşal

Comprehensive Faith

اٰمَنْتُ بِاللّٰہِ وَمَلٰٓئِکَتِہٖ وَکُتُبِہٖ وَرُسُلِہٖ وَالْيَوْمِ الْاٰخِرِ وَالْقَدَرِخَيْرِهٖ

I believe in Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ, His Angels, His (revealed) Books, His Prophets عَلَيْہِمُ السَّلَام, the Day of Judgment and and (I believe that) good or bad destiny

وَشَرِّهٖ مِنَ اللّٰہِ تَعَالٰی وَالْبَعْثِ بَعْدَ الْمَوْت

is from Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ and (I believe that) there will be resurrection after death.

Imān-e-Mujmal

Concise Faith

اٰمَنْتُ بِاللّٰہِ كَمَاهُوَبِاَسْمَآئِهٖ وَصِفَاتِهٖ وَقَبِلْتُ جَمِيْعَ اَحْكَامِه

I solemnly declare my belief in Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ as He is with all His names and attributes, and I have accepted (to obey) all His commands

اِقْرَارًا بِّاللِّسَانِ وَتَصْدِيْقًۢا بِالْقَلْب

by pledging with my tongue and testifying them with my heart.

Six Kalimāt (Articles of Faith)

First Kalimaĥ: Sanctity

لَآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللّٰهُ مُحَمَّدٌرَّسُوْلُ اللّٰه

There is none worthy of worship except Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ,
Muḥammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is the Prophet of Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ.

Second Kalimaĥ: Evidence

اَشْهَدُ اَنْ لَّآاِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللّٰهُ وَحْدَهٗ لَاشَرِيْكَ لَهٗ وَاَشْهَدُ

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ. He is alone and He has no partner and I testify

اَنَّ مُحَمَّدًاعَبْدُهٗ وَرَسُوْلُه

that Muḥammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is His (Distinguished) Servant and His Prophet.

Third Kalimaĥ: Glory of Allāĥ

سُبْحَانَ اللّٰهِ وَالْحَمْدُلِلّٰهِ وَلَآاِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللّٰهُ وَاللّٰهُ اَکْبَر

Glory be to Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ and all praise be to Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ and there is none worthy of worship except Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ, and Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ is Great

وَلَاحَوْلَ وَلَاقُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّٰہِ الْعَلِيِّ الْعَظِيْم

and there is no power to keep away from sins and no ability to do good but from Allāĥ عَزَّوَجَلَّ who is the greatest.

Fourth Kalimaĥ: Oneness of Allāĥ

لَآاِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللّٰهُ وَحْدَهٗلَاشَرِيْكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْد

There is none worthy of worship but Allāĥ. He is alone. He has no partners. All Kingdom is for Him and all praise is for Him. He gives life

يُحْيٖ وَيُمِيْتُ وَهُوَحَیٌّ لَایَمُوْتُ اَبَدًا اَبَدًا ذُوالْجَلَالِ وَالْاِکْرَام

and He gives death. He is alive; death will never come to him. The great and the glorified One

بِيَدِهِ الْخَيْرُ وَهُوَعَلٰی کُلِّ شَیْءٍ قَدِیْر

In His hand is goodness and He has power over everything.

Fifth Kalimaĥ: Repentance

اَسْتَغْفِرُاللّٰہَ رَبِّیْ مِنْ کُلِّ ذَنْبٍ اَذْنَبْتُهٗ عَمَدًا اَوْخَطَاًا اَوْعَلَانِيَة

O my Rab I seek forgiveness from you for all the sins I have committed knowingly or unknowingly, openly or secretly

وَاَتُوْبُ اِلَیْهِ مِنَ الذَّنْبِ الَّذِیْ اَعْلَمُ وَمِنَ الذَّنْبِ الَّذِیْ

and I repent of the sins that I am aware of and the sins that I am unaware of,

لَآاَعْلَمُ اِنَّکَ اَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوْبِ وَسَتَّارُ الْعُيُوْبِ وَغَفَّارُالذُّنُوْبِ وَلَاحَوْل

for you are the knower of all the Ghuyūb (unseen) and Sattār of all the faults and forgiver of all sins, and there is no

وَلَاقُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّٰہِ الْعَلِيِّ الْعَظِيْم

strength and power except that of Allāĥ, the Almighty and the Greatest.

Sixth Kalimaĥ: Refutation of Disbelief

اَللّٰهُمَّ اِنِّیْ اَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنْ اَنْ اُشْرِكَ بِكَ شَيْئًاوَّاَنَاۤ اَعْلَمُ بِه

O Allāĥ I seek Your refuge from associating anything with you knowingly,

وَاَسْتَغْفِرُکَ لِمَالَآاَعْلَمُ بِهٖ تُبْتُ عَنْهُ وَتَبَرَّاْتُ مِنَ الْكُفْرِوَالشِّرْك

and I seek forgiveness from You for (shirk) that I do not know. I have repented from it and I have detested disbelief, idolatry,

وَالْكِذْبِ وَالْغِيْبَةِ وَالْبِدْعَةِ وَالنَّمِيْمَةِ وَالْفَوَاحِشِ وَالْبُهْتَان

telling lie, backbiting, bad innovations, tale-telling, indecency, accusations

وَالْمَعَاصِیْ کُلِّهَا وَاَسْلَمْتُ وَاَقُوْلُ لَآاِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللّٰه مُحَمَّدٌرَّسُوْلُ الله

and all the sins. I embrace Islam and say there is none worthy of worship but Allāĥ, Muḥammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is the Prophet of Allāĥ.

I was Relieved from My Back Pain

Dear Islamic brothers! What can one say about the greatness of I'tikāf; and if you are blessed with the company of devotees of Prophet during I'tikāf then the blessings and benefits multiply. An Islamic brother of 'Aṭṭarābād (Bāb-ul-Islām, Sindh) gave the following statement:

I was a loafer and had got a dirty mind, talking about filthy things with my friends and then laughing was my favourite pastime. The nuisance of an indecent sin had caused constant back pain that was not cured despite every medical treatment.

Fortunately, some Islamic brothers, who were acquainted with me insisted me that I join them in the collective I'tikāf in the Ramadan of 1426 A.H. (2005). At first, I refused but they insisted and so I had to say 'yes'. I became a Mu'takif for the last ten days of Ramaḍān (1426) with devotees of Prophet in Memon Masjid ('Aṭṭarābād). It seemed to me as if I had entered a new world; the blessings of all five Ṣalāĥ, Sunnaĥ-inspiring speeches, emotive supplications, Sunnaĥ-filled study circles, and the compassion and blessings of Islamic brothers.

اَلْحَمْدُلِلّٰہِعَزَّوَجَلَّ during the I'tikāf my back pain vanished without any medicines and a Madanī transformation took place in my heart, I repented of sins, adorned my face with the symbol of our beloved Rasūl's صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم love; the beard; and began to wear a green turban.

اَلْحَمْدُلِلّٰہِعَزَّوَجَلَّ I had the privilege of taking part in a 41 day Madanī Qāfilaĥ Course and now I am trying to spread the work of Dawat-e-Islami in my area.

صَلُّوْا عَلَى الْحَبِيْبِ صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلٰى مُحَمَّد

No comments:

Post a Comment