Saturday, September 12, 2026

Excellence of Salat, Miracles of Ghaus-e-Azam and Stories of His Devotees

Excellence of Salat-'Alan-Nabi

The Prophet of Rahmah, the Intercessor of Ummah, the Owner of Jannah صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم said, 'Whoever recites Salat on me for two hundred times on Friday, his sins of two hundred years will be forgiven.'

(Jam'-ul-Jawami' lis-Suyuti, vol. 7, pp. 199, Hadees 22353)

صَلُّوا عَلَى الْحَبِيبِ صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَى مُحَمَّد

1. King of jinns

Abu Sa'd 'Abdullah Bin Ahmad said: Once, my daughter Fatimah disappeared from the roof of the house. I became worried and went to the blessed court of Sultan-ul-Awliya, Sayyiduna Ghaus-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ and implored for help. He رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ said, 'Go to Karkh (city) and sit in a deserted place over there during night forming a spiritual fencing (i.e. a circle) around yourself. Recite بسم الله and contemplate of me. During the night, many caravans of jinns will pass by you. Their faces will be very strange but do not be frightened whatsoever. At the time of dawn, the king of jinns will come to you and ask you of your need. Tell him, 'Shaykh 'Abdul Qaadir Jeelani (قُدِّسَ سِرُّهُ الرَّبَّانِي) has sent me from Baghdad and you have to search for my lost daughter.'

Therefore, I set out for Karkh and followed the instructions of Ghaus-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْأَكْرَمَ. During the silence of the night, terrifying jinns passed by my fencing. Their faces were so horrific that I could not endure to look at them. At the time of dawn, the king of jinns came riding on a horse along with many other jinns. He remained outside the fencing and asked me what I wanted. I said that Ghaus-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْه had sent me to him. Hearing that, he dismounted the horse and sat on the ground. The other jinns did the same and sat on the ground outside the fencing. I informed him about the mishap of my daughter. The king of jinns made an announcement amongst the jinns, 'Who has kidnapped the girl?' Within moments, a Chinese jinn was captured and brought forward as the culprit. The king asked, 'Why did you kidnap the girl from the city of the Qutb¹ of these times?' The Chinese jinn trembled and replied, 'Your highness! I fell in love with her at first sight.' The king ordered for beheading of the Chinese jinn and had my beloved daughter returned to me.

¹ Qutb is a person at a very high and especial spiritual rank.

Thanking the king I said ماشاء الله عَزَّوَجَلَّ. You are a great devotee of Sayyiduna Ghaus-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْاَكْرَمِ. He replied, 'By Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ when Ghaus-e-Azam رحمة اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ looks at us, all the jinns begin to tremble. When Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ nominates a Qutb, all the jinns and human beings are ordered to obey him.'

(Bahjat-ul-Asraar, pp. 140)

صَلُّوا عَلَى الْحَبِيبِ صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَى مُحَمَّد

2. True devotee of Ghaus-e-A'zam

Someone has narrated an incident which took place in Kutiyana (Gujarat, India), the ancestral village of Sag-e-Madinah عُفِي عَنْهُ (author). There was a man in Kutiyana who had great admiration for Sayyiduna Ghaus-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ. He used to celebrate Giyarhween consistently. Another praiseworthy trait of him was that he showed a great deal of respect to Sayyids¹. He used to be so kind and caring towards young Sayyids that he would pick them up, carry them around and would buy them sweets. When he passed away and was covered in a shroud, people came to grieve but suddenly that true devotee of Sayyiduna Ghaus-e-A'zam removed his shroud and sat upright. People were scared and were struck with panic. He cried out: Don't be scared, just listen to me! When people came closer he said, 'I tell you the truth that just now my Murshid¹, Sayyiduna Shaykh 'Abdul Qaadir Jeelani قُدِّسَ سِرُّهُ الرَّبَّانِي honoured me with his presence and said, 'Being my disciple you died without repenting! Get up and repent!' My soul re-entered my body so that I could repent.' After saying that, he asked for forgiveness for his sins and uttered the Kalimah². Suddenly, his head turned to one side and he died.

¹ The blessed progeny of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم

¹ Spiritual guide

² Article of Faith

Congratulations to the devotees and disciples of Sayyiduna Ghaus-e-A'zam because according to the saying of Sayyiduna Shaykh 'Abdul Qaadir Jeelani قُدِّسَ سِرُّهُ الرَّبَّانِي his disciple, no matter how sinful he is, will not die until he repents.

(Bahjat-ul-Asraar, pp. 191)

صَلُّوا عَلَى الْحَبِيْب صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَى مُحَمَّد

3. Hearts in the fist

Sayyiduna 'Umar Bazzaar رحمةُ اللهِ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ said: One Friday, I was heading towards the Masjid with Ghaus-e-A'zam رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ. I thought that to be quite strange that whenever I go to the Masjid on Fridays with my Murshid, people gather around to say Salam to him or to shake his hand and it becomes extremely difficult to continue walking; but today, no one is even paying attention (to him). As soon as the thought invoked in my mind, Ghaus-e-A'zam رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ looked at me with a smile. Suddenly, people started rushing to shake hands with Ghaus-e-A'zam رحمةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ. There were so many people that a huge crowd interfered between me and my kind Murshid رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ. Now I thought to myself it was much better before. As soon as it appeared in my mind he رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه said, 'Umar! It was you who desired the crowd. Don't you know that the hearts of the people are in my fist! If I want, I can lure their hearts towards me and if I want, I can turn them away.'

(Bahjat-ul-Asraar, pp. 149)

Kunjiyan dil ki Khuda nay tujhay dee" aysi ker

Kay yeh seenah ho mahabbat ka khazinah tayra

Allah gave the keys to the heart in your hand

With your love and devotion, make our hearts withstand

صَلُّوا عَلَى الْحَبِيْب صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَى مُحَمَّد

No comments:

Post a Comment