The
memoir of a heroin addict
The summary of a sworn-statement of
an Islamic brother from Korangi, Bab-ul-Madinah Karachi is presented: It is the
incident of the last 3-Day International Sunnah-inspiring congregation of
Dawat-e-Islami held in Korangi, Bab-ul-Madinah Karachi. After which this
congregation was shifted to Madina-tul-Awliya Multan. We, few friends formally
attended the congregation but depriving ourselves of the blessings of
Sunnah-inspiring speeches in the night, we left the Ijtima', found some place
outside and started smoking and gossiping.
In the meanwhile, conversation about
the mysterious and thrilling stories of genies broached over there, which made
the environment little scary. In the meantime, a middle-aged Islamic brother
wearing green Imamah (Islamic turban) approached us and greeted with Salam and
asked 'May I say something if you permit?' We replied in affirmative. He said
in a very sympathising tone: 'Having seen your way of attending the
congregation, I recalled my past life! I thought to share my memoir with you;
you may find some admonitory Madani pearls out of it'. Afterwards, he started
relating his past life:
'Firstly, I became addicted to
cigarettes and then the ominousness of bad company led me to the fatal heroin
and opium addiction. Alas! I remained addicted to this evil addiction for 16
years!' He said plaintively but he continued: 'Being frustrated and
disappointed due to my evil habits, my family expelled me from house. I used to
sleep on footpath, collect edibles from a heap of garbage or ask for food to
eat. You will be surprise to listen to that I spent 16 years in the same dress!
My condition was like that of a madman!'
'It is an account of a sacred night
and it was probably $27^{th}$ of blessed Ramadan. I, the most misfortunate
person, was lying in a corner beside a heap of garbage dump in the filthy state
and startled to hear the greeting of Salam! I opened my eyes and saw two
Islamic brothers wearing green Imamah standing there and smiling. They asked my
name with a great affection and it was perhaps the first time in my life when someone
addressed me with such kindness and compassion. Afterwards, making individual
efforts, they related the excellence of the sacred night Shab-e-Qadr. As I was
already impressed by their lovely and graceful attitude; furthermore, their
sweet and pleasant conversation penetrated deeply into my heart and soul, I
accompanied them to the Masjid.'
'I removed my dirty and filthy
clothes in the bathroom of Masjid, and wore a neat and clean dress. When I
entered the Masjid first time after 16 years and made intention of Salah, I was
unable to hold my tears trickling down my cheeks, I sought true repentance of
all other my sins with tears especially heroin addiction and associated myself
with the Madani environment of Dawat-e-Islami. الْحَمْدُ
لِلَّهِ عَزَّوَجَلَّ my family called me back home. I initiated into the
spiritual order of Qadiriyyah Razawiyyah and became a Mureed [disciple] of
Ghaus-e-A'zam. I made a firm intention to quit heroin addiction at any cost.
For this, I had to undergo extreme difficulties. I used to cry and writhe in
awful pain. Seeing my condition, my family members would weep. Even Some people
would advise me to smoke one or a half cigarette stuffed with heroin but I did
not do so because I knew it will again fall me into the awful grip of
addiction, on the other hand, I would ask my family members to tie me with
Charpa`ee (four-legged bed) if it is required. الْحَمْدُ
لِلَّهِ عَزَّوَجَلَّ I started improving gradually and finally
I got rid of this evil addiction completely and, today, I am a humble preacher
of Dawat-e-Islami.'
Having listened to the admonitory
account of his life, our eyes were full of tears. We all sought repentance of
our past sins and associated ourselves with the Madani environment of
Dawat-e-Islami.
الْحَمْدُ
لِلَّهِ عَزَّوَجَلَّ Now,
at present, as a responsible Islamic brother of Madani In'amaat of one of the
divisions of Bab-ul-Madinah Karachi, I have been making efforts to call people
towards righteousness.
Chhorayn
bad mastiyan, aur nashay baziyan
Jaam-e-Ulfat
piyayn, Qafilay mayn chalo
Ay
Sharabi tu aa, aa juwari tu aa
Sab
sudharnay chalayn, Qafilay mayn chalo
صَلُّوا عَلَى الْحَبِيْب صَلَّى اللَّهُ
تَعَالَى عَلَى مُحَمَّد
Turmoil
Amongst non-Believers!
Dear Islamic brothers, our Beloved
Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ
وَسَلَّم propagated the message of Islam secretly for three years. Later
when he صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ
وَسَلَّم started preaching Islam openly and condemning idol worshiping,
it caused turmoil amongst the non-believers. The leaders and the dignitaries of
Quraysh tribes came as a delegation to 'Abu Taalib', the uncle of our beloved
Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ
وَسَلَّم and made a complaint: 'Your nephew talks ill of our gods along
with calling our ancestors deviated and he claims that we are stupid; kindly
ask him not to do so, if you can't make him understand then keep yourself away,
we will settle this matter ourselves'. Though, Abu Taalib had not embraced
Islam but he used to love his blessed nephew i.e., [The Noblest Rasool] صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم
too much. Therefore, he calmed them down gently and sent them back.
Sun
in the right hand...
The propagation of Islam was in a
full swing which ignited further hatred and enmity in the hearts of Quraysh
non-believers. Thus, another delegation of Quraysh dignitaries approached Abu
Taalib again and said in a threatening manner: 'We had asked you to make your
nephew understand but you did not. We cannot bear the insult of our gods and
our ancestors, we respect you and, you still have a time to prevent him; if you
do not want to prohibit him then prepare yourselves to fight against us, so that
one of the parties is declared as a conqueror.' After showing this aggression,
they departed. Abu Taalib sent for the Noblest Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم and requested: 'O my
Beloved Nephew صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ
وَسَلَّم! The people of Quraysh tribe have made such and such complaints
against you, please prevent these things, and have mercy upon yourself as well
as upon me'. Listening to this, the Noblest Prophet صَلَّى
اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم replied 'O my uncle!
I swear to Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ If they place the sun
in my right hand and the moon in my left hand, even then, I will definitely not
stop it until Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ overpowers it (i.e.,
Islam) or I sacrifice my life for this cause' and, then the blessed eyes of the
Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ
وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم were full of tears when he was leaving. Looking at this firm
determination and courage of his beloved nephew, Abu Taalib got excited, called
the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ
وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم and said 'O my Beloved Nephew صَلَّى
اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم Carry out the
preaching of Islam excessively, the people of Quraysh will not be able to cause
you even a slightest injury.'
(Al
Seerat-un-Nabawiyyah, pp. 103-104)
Dear Islamic brothers! Have you
seen! How great determination and dedication of the Noblest Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم
was! No power, authority and worldly influence could prevent him from the
preaching of Islam.
Woh
Bijli ka karka tha ya Surat-e-Hadi
'Arab
ki zameen jis nay saari hila di
No comments:
Post a Comment