A social
boycott
When the disbelievers of the Quraysh
came to know that Bani Haashim and Bani Muttalib (with the exception of Abu
Lahab) have taken the Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ
تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم into their protection despite the
religious differences, they reached a mutual agreement at Muhassab (located
between Makkah Mukarramah and blessed Mina) that, "Until Banu Haashim
transfers custody of (Sayyiduna) Muhammad صَلَّى
اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم to them, no one will
maintain any ties with them. Nothing will be sold to them, no one will marry or
engage with them, and they will not be permitted to move freely."
Having written this agreement, they
hung it on the blessed door of the noble Ka'bah. The disbelievers of the Quraysh
acted this out strictly,and undertook a complete social boycott of Banu
Haashim and Banu 'Abdul Muttalib. Thus, both clans came to join the Muslims in
their imprisonment in Shi'b-e-Abi Taalib.
Ate a
piece of leather
The situation was now such that whatever
grains reached Makkah Mukarramah from outside were all purchased by the cruel
disbelievers so that none of them reached the Muslims. When the children
imprisoned (in Shi'b-e-Abi Taalib) began to cry from hunger, the cruel
disbelievers would laugh at their crying and celebrate. The womenfolk's milk
dried up, and the prisoners would remain hungry for days at a time. Sometimes,
when the pangs of hunger intensified, they would boil the leaves from the trees
and fill their stomachs by eating them.
Sayyiduna Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas رَضِيَ اللهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهُ narrates that once at
night, he found a dried piece of leather from somewhere. He washed it with
water, grilled it on a fire, ground it and then drank it mixed with water to
satiate the pangs of hunger.
(Ar-Raud-ur-Unuf, vol.
2, pp. 161)
A
wonderful termite
When three years had passed in this
manner, Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ informed His Beloved
Nabi صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم
that the script of the agreement had been eaten by termites such that all that
remains was the name of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
He صَلَّى
اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم informed Abu Taalib
of this, who went to the disbelievers of the Quraysh and said, "O'
Quraysh! My nephew has informed me in this manner. Bring your agreement. If
this turns out to be true, abandon your cutting of relations. If it is false, I
will grant you custody of my nephew." They agreed to this, and when the
agreement was brought, it was found to be exactly as he had said.
After some discussion, five
individuals (Hishaam Bin 'Amr, Zuhayr Bin Abi Umayyah Makhzoomi, Mut'im Bin
'Adee, Abul Bakhtari and Zam'ah Bin Aswad) agreed to rip up this agreement, and
it was eventually torn up by Abul Bakhtari. Alas, the disbelievers became more
concentrated on their intent instead of becoming remorseful.
(Seerat
Rasool-e-'Arabi, pp. 63)
It is mentioned in Subul-ul-Huda,
"From those five, Sayyiduna Hishaam and Sayyiduna Zuhayr رَضِيَ اللهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهُمَا were blessed with
accepting Islam."
(Subul-ul-Huda, vol.
2, pp. 414)
Haq
ki rah mayn patthar khaye, khoon mayn nahaye Taif mayn
Deen
ka kitni mehnat say kaam aap nay ay Sultan kiya
(Hadaiq-e-Bakhshish,
pp. 388)
The
good character of the Ameer-e-Qafilah persuaded me to travel with Madani
Qafilah
Dear Islamic brothers! A great means
of acquiring knowledge of the Deen is to travel in the Madani Qafilahs of
Dawat-e-Islami. Undertake this Sunnah-inspired journey with the devotees of the
Rasool for 12 consecutive months once in your life, 30 days in a year and 3
days every month. To understand the blessings of the Madinah Qafilahs, read
this Madani parable.
An Islamic brother of
Markaz-ul-Awliya (Lahore) mentions: 25 years of my life had passed but I was
unaware of the knowledge of the Deen to the extent that I was even ignorant of
the basic rulings of Salah and Sawm. Once, I went to the Masjid to offer Salah
and an Islamic brother cheerfully came to meet me. As we spoke, he also invited
me to travel in the Madani Qafilah. As I was unaware of the Madani environment
of Dawat-e-Islami, I refused, but the Imam of our local Masjid made individual
efforts on me and motivated me such that I became willing to travel in the
Madani Qafilah. Intending to travel, I attended the weekly Sunnah-inspired
Ijtima', as I would travel in the Madani Qafilah the following morning.
Being engulfed in the love of the
world, I was frustrated by spending this amount of time in the Masjid, and was
anxious at the thought of spending a further 3 days in the Masjid during the
Madani Qafilah. I had intended to sneak out when the Ameer-e-Qafilah came
searching for me. Satan whispered to me, "Now you are trapped, this Maulvi
will not let you leave!" I thought to myself, "Let's see how he
manages to take me in the Qafilah!"
Falling into Satan's trap, I said
angrily to my well-wisher, the Ameer-e-Qafilah, "Leave me alone! I don't
know you, and I don't want to go in any Madani Qafilah. Stop harassing me and
let me go home."
Believe me! I was shocked when, even
though I had been rude to him, the Ameer-e-Qafilah began to smile. He didn't
reply angrily, but smiled and with great compassion and gentleness began to
explain the purpose of the Madani Qafilah to me, and sought my agreement.
Seeing his wonderful character, I was convinced to travel with the Madani
Qafilah, and set off on this Sunnah-inspired journey with the devotees of the
Rasool in the Madani Qafilah.
On the very first day, when I
attended the Madani Halqah for teaching and learning, I began to feel extremely
remorseful. 25 years of my life had passed but up until this point I did not
know the basic rulings of the Deen. الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ
after spending those 3 days in the company of the devotees of the Rasool and
having learnt many rulings of the Deen such as Wudu, Ghusl and Salah, I
returned home full of enthusiasm to spread the call to righteousness far and
wide and with the crown of the green 'Imamah shining on my head.
The
necessity of steadfastness
Dear Islamic brothers! No matter
what the field, it is difficult to become proficient without remaining
steadfast. The same is true with regards knowledge of the Deen. Even if your
Nafs (inner-self) makes you lazy, or Satan sings you countless lullabies to
send you into the sleep of negligence, remain alert and aware. Continue to
travel and persuade others to travel with the devotees of the Rasool on the
Sunnah inspired journey in the Madani Qafilahs of Dawat-e-Islami and keep on
acquiring and spreading knowledge of the Deen. You will surely be successful إِنْ شَاءَ الله عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
Umm-ul-Mu'mineen, Sayyidatuna
'Aaishah Siddiqah رَضِيَ اللهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهَا has
said that the Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى
عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم has said, "The most beloved deed to
Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ is that which is done
consistently, even if it is small."
(Sahih Muslim, pp.
394, Hadees 218)
No comments:
Post a Comment