Excellence
of Şalāt-'Alan-Nabi
The Prophet of Rahmah, the
Intercessor of Ummah, the Owner of Jannah صَلَّى اللهُ
تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم has stated: "Whoever writes Şalāt
(with my name) in any book, the angels keep making Du'a of forgiveness for him,
until my name remains in that book."
(Mu'jam Awsat, Vol. 1,
pp. 497, Hadīš 1835)
1.
Jinn resembling snake
Once Ghauš-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْأَكْرَم was busy delivering a
speech in an Ijtima' at his Madrasah when a big snake fell onto him from the
ceiling. The attendees got into a panic and stampeded but Ghaus-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْأَكْرَم did not even move
from his place. The snake wrapped itself around his blessed body under his
clothes. The snake then came out of his collar and wrapped itself around his
blessed neck but our Murshid, the spiritual king of Baghdad, his honour, Shaykh
'Abdul Qadir Jīlānī رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ
neither became frightened nor discontinued his speech. The snake then jumped
onto the ground, stood on its tail, uttered something and went away.
After the snake disappeared, people
gathered around Ghauš-e-A'zam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ
الْأَكْرَمِ and asked as to what it said to him. He رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ replied that the
snake said that it had tested many Auliya of Allah but had not found anyone as
steadfast as him.
(Bahjat-ul-Asrar, pp.
168)
Dear Islamic brothers! It came out
that the snake was, in fact, a jinn that had come to test our Ghaus-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْأَكْرَمِ who remained
steadfast by the grace of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
2. A
big-eyed Man
Read another account of the same
snake and admire the steadfastness of Ghauš-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ
اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ. Ghaus-e-A'zam رَحْمَةُ
اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ said that once he رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ was busy offering
Şalāh at Jāmi Masjid Manşūr when the same snake came and placed its opened
mouth at the place where he رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى
عَلَيْهِ was to perform Sajdah. Pushing the snake away, he رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ managed to perform
Sajdah but it wrapped itself around his neck. It then went under a sleeve of
him and came out from the other. When he رَحْمَةُ
اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ finished the Şalāh, the snake had
disappeared.
The next day, he رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ went to the same
Masjid where he رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ
saw a big-eyed man. He رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى
عَلَيْهِ realized that the man was not a human but a jinn. The jinn then
told Ghauš-e-A'zam رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ
that he was the same snake that had bothered him. The jinn goes onto say that
he, in the form of a snake, tested a lot of friends of Allah but none of them
was as steadfast as our Ghauš-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ
تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ. Having said that, the jinn repented of
misdeeds in the blessed court of Ghauš-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ
اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ.
(Bahjat-ul-Asrār, pp.
169)
Dear Islamic brothers! How
diligently our Ghauš-e-A'zam رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى
عَلَيْهِ would offer his Şalāh! On the other hand, we are so heedless
that if even a fly settles on our body while we are offering Şalāh, we lose our
concentration. We can't even bear an itch. The foregoing parable also shows
that even jinns are the devotees of our Ghauš-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ
رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْأَكْرَمِ.
3.
Satan's dangerous attack
Ghaus-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ said: Once I went to
a jungle where I stayed for many days without eating and drinking. I had become
very thirsty. Suddenly, above my head, a cloud appeared from which raindrops
started falling which I drank. A bright face then appeared in the cloud,
illuminating the sky. I heard a voice saying, 'O 'Abdul Qadir! I am your
Creator and I have made all Haram things Halal for you.' Ghauš-e-A'zam رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ said, "I recited
أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَنِ الرَّجِيمِ
turning the brightness of the cloud into smoke." Then I heard a voice, 'O
'Abdul Qadir! Before this, I led seventy saints of Allah astray but your
knowledge has saved you.' Ghaus-e-Azam رَحْمَةُ
اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ said, 'I replied: O the accursed one, it
is not my knowledge, it is the grace of my Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
that has saved me.'
(Bahjat-ul-Asrār, p.
228)
Thief
comes where he sees wealth
Dear Islamic brothers! No doubt
Satan is very cunning and tricky. He tries his best to trick us even by magic.
Therefore, we should always be aware of his attack. We should not rely on our
wisdom and intellect; instead, we should implore Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ to help and save us from the tricks of
Satan.
Remember! The thief steals from the
person who has wealth; similarly, if someone has the wealth of Iman, Satan will
definitely try hard to snatch his Iman. Further, if a person has strong faith
and performs good deeds in abundance, Satan will also make every possible
effort to lead him astray. As our Murshid Ghauš-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْأَكْرَم had very strong faith
as well as a huge treasure of good deeds, Satan tried to trick him many times
but he failed each time by the grace and mercy of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
4.
More tricks of Satan
Advising his disciples and devotees,
Ghauš-e-A'zam Shaykh 'Abdul Qadir Jīlānī قُدِّسَ
سِرُّهُ الرَّبَّانِي said: 'During the days when I used to stay
in jungle, frightening-faced troops of Satan, equipped with different dangerous
weapons, would attack me. They would throw flames of fire at me. With the help
of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ when I ran after them
they would disperse. Sometimes, Satan would come alone and try to threaten and
frighten me into going elsewhere but I would slap him, making him go away. I
would then read لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا
بِاللَّهِ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمِ so he would burn.'
(Bahjat-ul-Asrār, pp.
165)
5.
Hand from Ghayb (Unseen)
Ghaus-e-Azam عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللهِ الْأَكْرَم said: Once a
foul-smelling and extremely horrifying-faced person came and stood in front of
me. He then said, 'I am Satan and I have come to serve you because you have
exhausted me and my followers.' I said, 'I asked him to go away but he
refused.' Suddenly, a hand from Ghayb (Unseen) appeared and struck such a blow
on the head of Satan that he sank into the ground, but he still managed to
attack me with a flame of fire. Meanwhile, a horse-man with his face covered
came and handed me a sword. Seeing that, Satan ran away.
(Bahjat-ul-Asrār, pp.
166)
No comments:
Post a Comment