(Including narrations, parables and Madani pearls)
(Those going to perform Hajj and
'Umrah should make only those intentions which are possible for them and which
they really intend to act upon.)
1. I will perform 'Umrah for the
attainment of the pleasure of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
only. (Sincerity is a condition for 'Umrah being accepted. In order to attain
sincerity, it is essential to avoid the causes leading to ostentation and
fame.)
2. I will perform 'Umrah following the
example of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى
اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم.
3. I will seek my parents' prior
consent. (The wife should get her husband's consent. The debtor who is unable
to pay debt should take permission from the creditor.) (Derived from
Bahār-e-Sharī'at, vol. 1, pp. 1051)
4. I will perform 'Umrah with Halāl
earnings.
5. At the time of departure, I will
seek forgiveness from my family members, relatives and friends regarding their
rights I may have violated. I will make them pray for me. (One attains
blessings when others pray for him. The prayer made by others for a person is
more likely to be answered. It is stated on page 111 of ‘Blessings of Du’ā’
[the 326-page publication of Maktaba-tul-Madīnah, the publishing department of
Dawat-e-Islami]:
Sayyidunā Mūsā عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام was told, ‘O Mūsā! Make Du’ā to Me with
the tongue with which you have not committed any sin.’ Sayyidunā Mūsā عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام said, ‘Almighty! Where should I bring such
a tongue from?’ (Note that this is the humbleness of Sayyidunā Mūsā عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام because every Prophet عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام is absolutely protected from committing
any sin.) Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ said, ‘Make others
pray for you as you have not committed any sin with their tongue.’)
(Derived from Mašnavī
Maulānā Rūm, Duftar Sawm, pp. 31)
6. I will take extra provisions and
earn reward by spending them on my companions and by giving them to deserving
beggars as charity.
7. I will protect my tongue and eyes,
etc. from using them unlawfully. (A Ḥadīš is stated on pages 29 and 30 of the
book ‘Naṣīḥataun kay Madanī Phūl.’ Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
has said: O son of Ādam! Your Dīn (religion) cannot be perfect unless your
tongue is straight, and your tongue cannot be straight unless you have shyness
from your Rab عَزَّوَجَلَّ. Another Ḥadīš
states: The one who lowers his eyes from the things declared Ḥarām by Me (i.e.
the one who avoids seeing them), I will bestow upon him shelter from Hell.)
8. During the journey, I will remain
busy remembering Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
and reciting Ṣalāt-‘Alan-Nabī. (An angel accompanies the one who does so,
whereas a Satan accompanies the one who listens to songs or indulges in useless
gossip).
9. I will make Du’ā for myself and for
all Muslims. (The Du’ā made by a traveller is accepted. It is also stated on
page 220 of the book ‘Blessings of Du’ā’: The Du’ā made by a Muslim for his
fellow Muslim in his absence is accepted. It is stated in a Ḥadīš,
‘This Du’ā (made for a Muslim in his absence)
is accepted very quickly. Angels say, ‘The Du’ā you have made for him will be
accepted and you will also get a similar favour.’)
10. I will talk politely to everyone,
and will serve Muslims with meals as much as I can afford.
11. If I face difficulties, I will have
patience.
12. Behaving in a polite manner, I will
serve my companions. I will avoid anger and useless talking. If people said
hurtful things, I will tolerate them.
13. I will politely treat all the
orthodox Arab Muslims (no matter they treat me harshly). (It is stated in
Bahār-e-Sharī'at on page 1060, part 6, volume 1: Treat all the Arabs including
the Bedouins with extreme politeness. Even if they behave you harshly, endure
it with patience. Our Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى
اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم has promised to
intercede for the one displaying patience in response to the harshness of the
Arabs. Do not criticize the acts of the dwellers of Makkah and Madinah and
those of any other Arab. Do not even think I’ll of them in your heart as this
is beneficial in the worldly life as well as in the afterlife).
14. I will be careful not to cause
trouble to people even at crowded places. If anyone causes me trouble I will
have patience and forgive him. (It is stated in a Ḥadīš that if a person holds
back his anger, Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ
will prevent torment from (being inflicted on) him on the Day of Judgement.) (Shu'ab-ul-Īmān,
vol. 6, pp. 315, Ḥadīš 8311)
15. As long as possible, I will act upon
the Sunnaḥs of journey conforming to its rulings and manners.
16. I will earn reward by inviting the
Muslims towards righteousness making individual effort.
17. Whilst in the state of Iḥrām, I will
frequently recite Labbayk. (Islamic brothers should recite it loudly while
Islamic sisters should recite it quietly.)
18. Whilst entering the blessed
Masjid-ul-Ḥarām and Masjid-un-Nabawī, I will place my right foot first into the
Masjid and recite the Du’ā of entering the Masjid. Similarly, whilst exiting
the Masjid, I will place out my left foot first and recite the Du’ā of exiting
the Masjid.
19. Whenever I enter the blessed
Masjid-ul-Ḥarām and Masjid-un-Nabawī, I will make the intention of Nafl
I'tikāf, earning reward. (Remember that eating something including Saḥarī and
Iftār, drinking water and even Zamzam water, and sleeping are all impermissible
in Masjid. If you have made the intention of I'tikāf, these acts will be
permissible.)
20. As soon as I have my first glance at
the Holy Ka'baḥ, I will recite Ṣalāt-‘Alan-Nabī and make Du’ā.
21. During Ṭawāf, I will make Du’ā for
my forgiveness and that of the entire Ummaḥ at Mustajāb (where 70,000 angels
are present to say Āmīn to Du’ā).
22. Whenever I drink Zamzam water, I
will drink it to my full stomach by sucking it in three breaths having recited بِسْمِ اللهِ whilst standing and facing the Qiblaḥ with
the intention of acting upon Sunnaḥ. I will then make Du’ā as it is an occasion
of the acceptance of Du’ā. (The Holy Prophet صَلَّى
اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم has stated, ‘The
difference between us and the hypocrites is that they do not drink Zamzam to
their full stomach’).
(Ibn Mājah, vol. 3, pp
489, Ḥadīš 3061)
23. Whilst clinging onto Multazam out of
love and devotion, I will make the intention of attaining the closeness of
Ka'baḥ and its Creator عَزَّوَجَلَّ
and gaining blessings from it. (Do this with the hope that every such part of
my body that is touching the blessed Ka'baḥ will be free from Hell, اِنْ شَاءَ اللّٰہَ عَزَّوَجَلَّ.)
24. Whilst clinging onto the cover of
the blessed Ka'baḥ, I will make the intention as if I am imploring Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ for forgiveness and protection like the
one who implores a person feeling guilty of his crime and holding that person’s
dress with extreme humility, and continues to do so unless he is forgiven and
granted protection in future. (People apply fragrance to the cover of the
blessed Ka'baḥ; therefore, take care when in the state of Iḥrām.)
25. Whilst performing Ramī of Jamarāt, I
will make the intention of following the example of Sayyidunā Ibrāhīm
Khalīlullāh عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام, acting upon the
Sunnaḥ of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى
عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم, disgracing and driving off Satan and that
of stoning desires of Nafs.
[Parable:
Sayyidunā Junayd Baghdādī عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْهَادِی asked a Ḥājī whether
he stoned his desires of Nafs or not whilst performing Ramī. He replied in the
negative. Sayyidunā Junayd Baghdādī عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ
اللَّهِ الْهَادِی said, ‘You did not perform Ramī.’ (That
is, you did not perform it as it should be performed)].
(Derived from Kashf-ul-Maḥjūb,
pp. 363)
No comments:
Post a Comment