Sunday, July 26, 2026

Intentions for Pilgrims of Umrah | 2

 1.      During Ṭawāf and Sa'ī, I will avoid pushing and shoving people. (To deliberately shove someone causing discomfort to him is the violation of his right and a sin. The one who has done so will have to repent of it and seek forgiveness from the one he has caused discomfort to. Our pious predecessors have stated, ‘To give up even the smallest of deeds disliked by Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ is dearer to me than to perform 500 Nafl Hajj.’)

(Jāmi’-ul-‘Ulūm wal-Ḥukm li-Ibn Rajab, pp. 125)

2.      I will attain blessings by keeping the company of the scholars and Mashāikh of Ahl-us-Sunnaḥ and by beholding them. I will also request them to make Du’ā for my forgiveness without accountability.

3.      I will perform worship in abundance. Particularly I will offer five daily Ṣalāḥ regularly.

4.      I repent of my sins forever and will keep the company of the righteous only.

5.      After returning from 'Umrah, I will refrain from sins altogether, perform good deeds in abundance and act upon Sunnaḥ even more enthusiastically.

6.      I will visit the holy places of Makka-tul-Mukarramaḥ and Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا.

7.      I will see the holy city of Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا with the intention of gaining reward considering it a privilege.

8.      Before I humbly make my first visit to the blessed court of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم, I will take a bath, wear new white clothes, new head-cloth, cap and turban. I will also apply kohl into my eyes and nice fragrance to my clothes.

9.      I will humbly attend the court of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم acting upon the following commandment of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ:

وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ إِذْ ظَلَمُوۡا أَنْفُسَهُمْ جَآءُوكَ

فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا اللَّهَ وَاسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُمُ الرَّسُولُ لَوَجَدُوا اللَّهَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيمًا

And if they ever do injustice to their souls, then O Beloved! They should come to you and then beg Allah for forgiveness and the Prophet should intercede for them, then surely, they would find Allah the Most Acceptor of repentance, the Most Merciful.

[Kanz-ul-Īmān (Translation of Quran)] (Part 5, Sūrah an-Nisā, verse 64)

10.  If possible, I will humbly attend the court of my Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم like an escaped slave who trembles and sheds tears when returning to the court of his master.

(Parable:

Whenever Sayyidunā Imām Mālik عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْخَالِق talked about the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم, the colour of his face would change and he would bow down in respect. Parable: Someone asked Sayyidunā Imām Mālik عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْخَالِق about Sayyidunā Ayyūb Sakhtiyānī قُدِّسَ سِرُّهُ الرَّبَّانِی. Imām Mālik عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْخَالِق replied, ‘He is the best of all narrators I narrate Aḥādīš from. I saw him two times during Hajj-pilgrimage. Whenever someone mentioned the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم in his presence, he would weep so bitterly that I would feel pity for him. Impressed by his reverence and devotion to the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم I started narrating Aḥādīš from him).

(Ash-Shifā, vol. 2, pp. 41, 42)

11.  I will present my Salām in the blessed court of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم with respect, honour and devotion in a melancholic and soft voice.

12.  I will keep my voice rather low acting upon the Quranic commandment:

يَأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَرْفَعُوا أَصْوَاتَكُمْ فَوْقَ صَوْتِ النَّبِيِّ وَلَا تَجْهَرُوا لَهُ

بِالْقَوْلِ كَجَهْرِ بَعْضِكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ أَنْ تَحْبَطَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ وَأَنْتُمْ لَا تَشْعُرُونَ

O those who believe! Do not raise your voices higher than the voice of the one who reveals Ghayb (the Prophet), nor speak to him loudly the way you shout to one another, lest your deeds go to waste whilst you are unaware.

[Kanz-ul-Īmān (Translation of Quran)] (Part 26, Sūrah al-Ḥujurāt, verse 2)

13.  I will beg for intercession by repeatedly uttering اَسْأَلُكَ الشَّفَاعَةَ يَا رَسُولَ الله (i.e. Yā Rasūlallāh صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم! I beg you for intercession).

14.  I will also present my Salām in the blessed courts of Sayyidunā Abū Bakr Ṣiddīq and Sayyidunā Fārūq A'zam رَضِيَ اللهُ تَعَالُى عَنْهُمَا.

15.  Whilst present in the blessed courts, I will avoid looking here and there and peeping into the Golden Grilles.

16.  I will present the Salām of the people who have requested me to do so in the court of the Prophet of Raḥmaḥ, the Intercessor of Ummaḥ صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم.

17.  I will not turn my back on the Golden Grilles.

18.  I will present Salām to those buried in Jannat-ul-Baqī’.

19.  I will humbly visit the blessed tombs of Sayyidunā Ḥamzaḥ رَضِيَ اللهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهُ and martyrs of the Uḥud battle. I will make Du’ā and Īṣāl-e-Šawāb, and will behold the mount Uḥud.

20.  I will humbly attend the Qubā Masjid.

21.  I will respect each and every thing of Madīnah, even its doors and walls, fruits and leaves, flowers and thorns, stones and dust. (Parable: Sayyidunā Imām Mālik عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْخَالِق never defecated in Madīnah زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا in respect of its soil. He would go out of Ḥaram for this. However, he was unable to go out of Ḥaram when severely ill.)

(Bistān-ul-Muḥaddiŝīn, pp. 19)

22.  I will not find fault with anything of Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا.

Parable:

In Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا, there was a person who would always weep and seek forgiveness. When asked about it, he replied, ‘Once I said that the blessed curd of Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا was sour and tasteless. As soon as I said this, I was deprived of my spiritual attachment and was rebuked in these words, ‘O the one who has said that the curd of Madīnah is sour and tasteless! See with the eyes of a devotee! Each and every thing of the street of the Beloved is nice.’)

(Derived from Bahār-e-Mašnavī, pp. 128)

Parable:

In the presence of Sayyidunā Imām Mālik عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ الْخَالِق, someone said, ‘The soil of Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ is bad.’ Listening to this, he gave the Fatwā that the impudent person be given 30 lashes and be imprisoned.)

(Ash-Shifā, vol. 2, pp. 57)

23.  In order to give gifts to my relatives and Islamic brothers, I will bring Zamzam water, dates of Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا and simple inexpensive rosaries. (A’lā Ḥadrat رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ was asked the following question: What should a rosary be made up of? Wood or stone etc? He replied, ‘Whether a rosary is made up of wood or stone, it is permissible, but it should not be expensive as it is Makrūḥ. If it is made up of silver or gold, then it is Ḥarām).

(Fatāwā Razawiyyah, vol. 23, pp. 597)

24.  I will recite Ṣalāt-‘Alan-Nabī in abundance during my stay in Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا.

25.  During my stay in Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا, whenever I pass by the green dome, I will immediately turn towards it and will recite Ṣalāt-‘Alan-Nabī whilst standing with my hands folded in respect. [Parable: In Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا, a person came to Sayyidunā Abū Ḥāzim رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ and told him that he saw the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم in his dream. The Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم said, ‘Say it to Abū Ḥāzim! You pass by me even without stopping to say Salām to me.’ Since then whenever Sayyidunā Abū Ḥāzim رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ passed by the blessed tomb, he would present Salām whilst standing with respect].

(Al-Manāmāt ma’ Mawsū’ah Ibn Abid Dunyā, vol. 3, pp. 153, Ḥadīš 323)

26.  If I am not blessed with burial in Jannat-ul-Baqī’ and the heartrending moment of departure from Madīna-tul-Munawwaraḥ زَادَهُمَا اللَّهُ شَرَفًا وَتَعْظِيمًا approaches, I will make my farewell visit to the blessed court of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّم and will plead tearfully for visits to Madīnah again and again.

27.  If possible, I will leave like a child who is being separated from his loving mother, crying and looking at the blessed court with wistful eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment