Unconsciousness
due to hunger
Sayyidunā Abū Ĥurayraĥ has narrated,
'I used to become unconscious and fall between the pulpit of the Beloved and
Blessed Prophet ﷺ and the blessed house
of Sayyidatunā 'Āishaĥ due to severe hunger. Someone used to come and place his
foot on my neck. He would regard me insane but I was completely sane; extreme
hunger caused this state.'
(Ṣaḥīḥ Bukhārī, vol. 8, pp. 193,
Ḥadīš 7324)
Dear Islamic brothers! Sayyidunā Abū
Ĥurayraĥ had such an immense passion to acquire Islamic knowledge that he left
everything and remained at the blessed feet of the Holy Prophet ﷺ. He used to live in the state of hunger
and seek Islamic knowledge. He also had the honour of narrating the most number
of Ḥadīš from the Holy Prophet ﷺ. On the other hand,
the condition of today's students of Islamic knowledge seems to be quite
different. It is quite unlikely that the seeker of Islamic knowledge would be
able to attain spiritual blessings while continuing to gluttonize, desiring for
fame and self-respect, having greed etc. While seeking Islamic knowledge, you
must be sincere so that you can attain the mercy of Almighty Allah . By the
grace of Allah , an excellent way of gaining religious knowledge with spiritual
blessings is to travel with the Madanī Qāfilaĥs of Dawat-e-Islami, a global
& non-political movement of the Quran and Sunnaĥ. Here is a blessing of a
Madanī Qāfilaĥ.
Mysterious
pain
An Islamic brother from Punjab has
stated, 'I came to Faizān-e-Madīnaĥ, Karachi, the global Markaz of
Dawat-e-Islami to participate in the 'Tarbiyyatī course.' During the course, on
a Thursday at about 4 a.m., I felt pain at my left side. The pain was so severe
that seven painkillers were injected into me, after which I felt a little
relief. As usual, I attended the weekly Sunnaĥ-Inspiring Ijtimā' on Thursday.
On the same night, at about 10 p.m., I felt the pain again but it subsided due
to the blessing of Du'ā made in the Ijtimā'. After about an hour, the pain
recurred. The doctors injected me with three painkillers, I felt some relief.
My condition was such that as soon
as I would consume anything, I would feel the same severe spasm of pain. Three
or four injections with drips would be administered every day. I also had an
ultrasound done, but the doctors could not diagnose the cause of the pain.
While I was in the hospital, I heard that other Islamic brothers of the
Tarbiyyatī course were preparing for a twelve day Sunnaĥ-Inspiring Madanī Qāfilaĥ.
The doctors advised me not to travel but I could not help joining the Madanī
Qāfilaĥ. During the journey, I experienced a little pain while we were on our
way to Dera Bugti, Baluchistan. During the Madanī Qāfilaĥ, we also attended the
weekly Sunnaĥ-Inspiring Ijtimā' held at Sui on Thursday, and then returned to
Dera Bugti.
اَلْحَمْدُ
لِلّٰه, by the blessing of joining the
Madanī Qāfilaĥ, the pain disappeared as if there was no pain at all! اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰه, the pain has not recurred ever
since. The greatest blessing I attained during the Madanī Qāfilaĥ was that I
was blessed with the vision of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet
ﷺ in my dream.'
Lūīnay
raḥmatayn Qāfilay mayn chalo
Sīkĥnay Sunnatayn Qāfilay mayn chalo
Dard-e-sar ĥo agar dukĥ raĥī ĥo kamar
Pāo gey ṣiḥḥatayn Qāfilay mayn chalo
Ĥay ṭalab dīd kī, dīd kī Eid kī
Kyā 'ajab woĥ dikĥayn Qāfilay mayn chalo
To
gain mercy, travel with Madanī Qāfilaĥ
To learn Sunnaĥ, travel with Madanī Qāfilaĥ
If you have headache or backache
You will recover, travel with Madanī Qāfilaĥ
If you have the desire of seeing the Prophet ﷺ
Your desire could be fulfilled, travel with Madanī Qāfilaĥ
صَلُّوْا عَلَى الْحَبِيْبِ ۞ صَلَّى اللّٰهُ
تَعَالٰى عَلٰى مُحَمَّد
If
only hunger could be purchased
Sayyidunā Yaḥyā Bin Mu'āż has stated,
'If hunger were sold in the marketplace, the seeker of the Hereafter would
certainly purchase it.'
(Risāla-tul-Qushayriyyaĥ, pp.
141)
Food
is being purchased everywhere
Glory be to Allah ! What can we say
about the Madanī mindset of our great saints? Sayyidunā Yaḥyā Bin Mu'āż is
talking about purchasing hunger, whereas the unwise are engaged in competing
for food, as to who can eat the most! These days, the one who eats the most
food is considered as the most courageous! Regretfully, today the marketplaces
are full of consumers who purchase various kinds of food, which also happen to
come along with various diseases.
This is the age of 'food culture.'
There is a multitude of restaurants and hotels in every area. Pizzas, fries and
burgers are being sold at virtually every corner. Dessert and ice cream shops
are occupying virtually every shopping center and mall. Apart from the
consumers who purchase food to fulfill their needs, there are many who buy food
just to satisfy their Nafs (desire) – hoarding and devouring everything they
get. They are not concerned about worldly perils of such unchecked activity nor
do they care about the severity of accountability in the Hereafter. Everyone is
intent only on eating, eating and more eating.
If only we would remember the hunger
of our Beloved and Blessed Prophet ﷺ,
the companions , the martyrs of Karbalā and the saints ! How unfortunate
indeed! We are screaming out 'eat, eat and eat' and these blessed souls are
persuading us to adopt 'hunger.' Although we do not miss any opportunity to
eat, there must be something beneficial in eating less, due to which the
Prophets عَلَيْہِمُ الصَّلٰوة, the companions and
the saints are giving us the lesson of eating less.
To
eat in excess is attribute of unbelievers
Dear Islamic brothers! Eating just
to satisfy the desire of Nafs is not a dignified practice. Ṣadr-ush-Sharī'aĥ,
Badr-uṭ-Ṭarīqaĥ, Shaykh Muftī Muhammad Amjad 'Alī A'ẓamī has stated, 'In the
Holy Quran, eating just for pleasure and joy has been described as the
attribute of the unbelievers. Similarly, excessive eating has been mentioned as
an attribute of the unbelievers in a Ḥadīš as well.'
(Baĥār-e-Sharī'at, part 16, pp.
30)
No comments:
Post a Comment